Tuesday 30 December 2014

Wangled another night at the murmuration

SOMEHOW I managed to wangle another night watching the starlings with my beloved; I know - I must have done something good in a past life)!  We had been to Burnham-on-sea, as we had a yearning to see beach and sea - which we did, and this was on the route back - well sort of!

Burnham has a huge sandy (and muddy) expansive beach, which was being enjoyed by lots of people with their lively dogs:



On the Levels the evening was again perfectly still, clear and cold, but the starlings behaved quite differently from yesterday, in that the gathered into one large group before us, rather than spreading out.

As usual, though, they did chatter and fidget once down, moving en masse to a new spot after a while.  We left them as the light faded.  If you get a chance to go do, as its really worth the effort.

 















I counted the birds and came to the conclusion that there were lots...




1 comment:

  1. Great photos. I love watching starling murmurations, the shapes they make are always so pretty. - Tasha xxx

    ReplyDelete

Have your say...