Monday 13 February 2012

Lacock - snowdrops and aconites

WE popped into Lacock on Sunday to potter around and admire the village.  Now that we are National Trust members, we were happy to go into the Abbey, its grounds and the cloisters (those of Harry Potter fame), as we did not have to pay the rather high entrance fee.

The snowdrops were out in profusion and for once really had snow around them.  The golden yellow flowers of the aconites were a rare splash of colour for this time of year.  I always consider these two flowers to be the heralds of spring - even if that feels rather optimistic just now...



 

On the return trip back home we were treated by this breath taking sunset.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peter,

    A nice posting there but I'm not sure that I would say these plants herald spring. If they do, my first sightings of both Snowdrop and Winter Aconite this year, meant spring began back in December. All joking aside, I had put a posting on my blog regarding these wonderful flowers which you can read here - http://wp.me/p1OoP4-7i and http://wp.me/p1OoP4-7y

    Kind Regards

    Tony Powell

    ReplyDelete

Have your say...